The latest developments in ovarian cancer treatment and research are addressed in the video below via a Dana-Farber Cancer Institute webchat that was conducted on September 16, 2014.
The Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute conducted a live video webchat panel with Ursula Matulonis, M.D., medical director of the Gynecologic Oncology Program, and gynecologic oncologists Panos Konstantinopoulos, M.D., Ph.D., and Susana Campos, M.D., MPH. The live webchat was held on September 16, 2014.
The general webchat topics addressed by the Dana-Farber doctors are listed below. For your convenience, we also provided the approximate video start time associated with each discussion topic. The entire video runs 49 minutes and 20 seconds.
- Various types/subtypes of ovarian cancer and treatment differences. [1:40 minutes]
- CA-125 and other ovarian cancer biomarkers. [5:10 minutes]
- Areas of ongoing ovarian cancer research. [9:28 minutes]
- Ovarian cancer treatment alternatives to standard of care chemotherapy. [13:55 minutes]
- PARP Inhibitors & Immunotherapy. [15:03 minutes]
- Mechanisms to reverse platinum drug resistance. [17:15 minutes]
- Correlation between ovarian cancer and HPV (Human papillomavirus). [19:30 minutes]
- The use of clinical trials for the treatment of ovarian cancer. [19:43 minutes]
- Stage 1 ovarian cancer prognosis. [21:47 minutes]
- Gene mutations related to hereditary ovarian cancer risk. [22:55 minutes]
- Treatment options for platinum drug refractory/resistant ovarian cancer. [25:27 minutes]
- Treatment of BRCA gene-mutated ovarian cancer patients. [27:50 minutes]
- Ovarian cancer prevention. [30:18 minutes]
- Promising treatments for ovarian clear cell cancer. [31:43 minutes]
- Proper nutrition during and after ovarian cancer treatment. [33:47 minutes]
- Symptoms associated with an ovarian cancer recurrence. [35:06 minutes]
- Ovarian neuroendocrine cancer. [36:16 minutes]
- Small-cell ovarian cancer. [39:22 minutes]
- Origin of ovarian cancer. [42:41 minutes]
- Treatment options for isolated or limited recurrent ovarian cancer tumors/lesions. [45:26 minutes]
- Closing: Most Exciting Ovarian Cancer Developments. [47:07 minutes]