Yesterday, we came across an informative online cancer TV news magazine entitled “Understanding Cancer.” Based upon its mission statement, the Understanding Cancer website provides:
- Empowerment through reliable, understandable information about cancer and its treatment;
- Inspiration through the stories of cancer survivors and their cancer journeys;
- Information about community oncology practitioners who are dedicated to outstanding patient care;
- Stress relief through a “Meditation Room;”
- Tips for managing symptoms;
- Tools for living life to its fullest;
- Compassion and understanding;
- Relaxation through its “Mindless Distractions” which include online games, and crafts;
- And most of all…Hope!
If you would like to learn more about Understanding Cancer TV, click here to watch the Understanding Cancer Welcome video located under the H*O*P*E*™ Ovarian Cancer Video Archive posting dated July 10, 2008, or visit the Understanding Cancer website by clicking on the banner below.